Code of Conduct
1) Persons attending OAN-sponsored programs, conferences, retreats, workshops, etc., are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, displaying respect and consideration for all other persons participating;
2) Improper and disruptive conduct during sponsored programs will not be accepted or tolerated. Improper conduct includes, but is not limited to the following:
3) Persons receiving funding from the OAN to attend or participate in sponsored programs are expected to attend all seminars, workshops, sessions, etc., which are part of the OAN-sponsored programs. (Exceptions will apply regarding health-related and/or exceptional circumstances. It is the responsibility of the individual to inform their representatives as to the reason for lateness or absence.)
4) Failure to comply with this code, may result in your:
- breach of confidentiality;
- misuse of confidential information;
- unauthorized use of OAN materials and/or supplies;
- disruptive and/or abusive language;
- disruptive and/or abusive actions;
- willful neglect;
- disregard for policies;
- misuse of funds allocated for funding purposes.
You are expected to follow these guidelines while attending any OAN event and must sign any application to indicate you understand the Code of Conduct and Financial Guidelines. Thank you.
- being asked to cease their actions;
- being asked to leave the program, conference, retreat, workshop, etc.;
- denial of admittance and/or funding for future OAN program
- being subject to further disciplinary action.
FINANCIAL GUIDELINES TO ATTEND THE ONTARIO AIDS NETWORK (OAN) PEOPLE WITH HIV/AIDS (PHA) LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
To support your participation, every effort will be made to pre-pay expenses; however, any expenses not pre-paid will be reimbursed by cheque after the event (please allow 4-6 weeks for reimbursement). OAN staff are not able to give cash reimbursements.
1. Ground Travel:
2. Air Travel:
- All travel arrangements involving rail or bus will be booked through the OAN office unless other arrangements are pre-approved.
- All arrangements will be economy class.
- Use of cars must be approved in advance. An expense report for mileage allowance & parking must be submitted for reimbursement.
3. Local Transportation:
- All air travel arrangements will be booked through the OAN office unless other arrangements are pre-approved.
- All arrangements will be economy class.
- Participants travelling by air may be required to stay over a Saturday night to make this affordable. Where this is not already the case this cost will be included in your covered costs.
- Transportation costs to and from airport, train or bus stations will be reimbursed upon submission of original receipts and must be pre-approved. Tokens for local Toronto travel will be provided without receipts.
- The OAN will book all accommodation.
- Accommodation, if provided, is based on double occupancy, and the OAN will assign you a roommate when you do not pre-select one.
No subsidies are offered for meals provided with the training/meeting.
6. Reimbursements & Claims Procedure:
- Some financial assistance will be made for the cost of meals not covered in the training based on the following amounts:
- Breakfast: $8.75 Lunch: $11.25 Dinner: $20.00
The following expenses must be paid for by the individual and submitted for reimbursement:
7. Cancellation Guidelines:
- Taxis and Airport transportation – receipt required
- Mileage @ .40 cents/km.
- Parking expenses (when not included with accommodation) receipt required
- Child Care @ $25.00 per day – receipt required
- All expenses submitted for reimbursement must be made to the OAN using an Ontario AIDS Network Expense Claim form.
- All requests for reimbursement must be submitted within 3 weeks of the time of the meeting. Should you require more than 3 weeks, you must contact the OAN office.
- Cancellation notice must be received in writing (via fax or e-mail) by the Program Director 72 hours (or 3 working days) prior to the workshop, except in unforeseen circumstances (such as sudden illness, accident, family emergencies)
- If you register for a workshop, and do not come or cancel your registration, you will be charged the full hotel room rate, and the daily per diem of $70 (including all Toronto participants)
- If you have an unpaid charge from a previous trainings/meeting, you will not be eligible to register for future trainings/meetings.
- This program operates on a limited budget, if you are able to cover your own travel, childcare, meals or other costs please let the OAN office know.
- No payments will be made in excess of the amounts approved for in advance.
- Should there be any extra charges incurred on a room invoice, that have not been paid for by the individuals occupying the room, the OAN will bill those individual for the added expense.
- Financial assistance will not cover costs for alcohol, phone calls, in-room movies, etc.
- All persons attending OAN sponsored programs, must abide by the financial guidelines and the OAN PHA Training Code of Conduct.